Host your child’s next birthday party at Woodcock Nature Center
where learning is natural!
A party at Woodcock Nature Center is like no other around!
Create an experience your child will never forget by choosing one of WNC’s nature related party programs. Parties are for children turning 4 years and older. Programs are appropriate for all ages and will be adapted to suit your child’s age group.
Parties are available many Saturdays and Sundays from 11 am – 1 pm
OR 2 pm – 4 pm. One of WNC’s experienced educators will lead a one hour program during your party. The remainder of the time, you may host your guests for cake, refreshments, etc. in our pavilion.
*We are booked through mid January 2020. Contact us to inquire about dates.
How to book a Birthday Party - contact our office for availability
Pick one of our nature related programs below.
Pick preferred dates and times (most Saturdays and Sundays from 11 am to 1 pm OR 2 pm to 4 pm).
Call WNC’s Office Manager at (203) 762-7280 Monday through Friday 9 am to 2 pm or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*A $50 non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking to hold your party date.
Birthday Party Programs
Cost for families of 2019 season summer campers is $300, all others $325. Additional costs may apply and are noted below.
Animal Encounter and Scavenger Hunt: This party begins with our animal encounter. Guests will meet and touch some of our native & non-native animals. Children will then embark on a short hike and become “Nature Detectives,” looking for specific natural objects or animals. The hunt ultimately leads them back to the Pavilion to enjoy the birthday treats.
Animal Encounter and Treasure Hunt: Animal Encounter & scavenger hunt with a TREASURE at the end! Host provides treasure.
Animal Encounter and Winter Tracking: Go for a hike in the snow and spot the footprints of animals who live at Woodcock Nature Center! Look for signs of animal activity and learn about how animals survive in winter.
Water Exploration: After meeting some of our aquatic animals (turtles, frogs, etc.) living in the Nature Center, we will head out with nets and magnifiers to explore the rich wildlife hiding in the water by our pond, our boardwalk or by our waterfall. Each guest will have the chance to try and catch tadpoles, water bugs, and maybe a frog or two.* This program is available seasonally.
Fairy Houses and Gnome Homes: Meet some live woodland animals that are friends of fairies. Afterwards we will venture into the woods to build fairy houses. We will create this magical miniature world using twigs, rocks, acorns, pine cones, moss and flowers for fairies, hobbits, gnomes, mice, snails and more! *There is an additional materials fee for this program: $25 for outdoor houses, $45 for indoor houses.
*For all programs, please advise your guests to dress appropriately for the outdoors and the weather day of. We will spend time outside regardless of season or weather (unless heavy rain/lightning/high-winds).
Birthday Party Add-on’s
Add a craft to the planned party activities, tailored to your chosen party experience (additional fees may apply).
Have a toasty fire going in the pavilion fireplace during your party for an additional $30 (available by advance request only; party educator will light; host responsible for tending fire and supervising guests).
Incorporate your theme into WNC’s party program (subject to approval; additional fees may apply).
Woodcock Nature Center provides…
- A unique one hour environmentally based educational experience led by a WNC educator.
- Use of WNC’s weather protected pavilion (Open sided. Vinyl sides are lowered during winter months).
- Two 6ft picnic tables end to end across the center of the pavilion (extra 6 ft metal tables available upon advanced request).
- Propane heaters in the pavilion (available for days where temperature is below 55°F).
- Use of WNC facilities, playground, grounds and trails.
- Access to a refrigerator.
- All decorations (must be temporary, non-marking and completely removed post party by the party hosts. No helium balloons as they can be dangerous to our animals).
- All food, beverages, paper goods and favors for your party. No open heat sources are allowed (i.e. sterno, hot plates). You may arrange to have pizza or other food delivered to WNC during the party.
Due to the capacity of WNC facilities and to ensure the quality of WNC programs and the well being of our animals, the following apply:
- Parties are for up to 20 children, max. This includes the birthday child(ren).
- Siblings, aged 2 and up, of a birthday child or guest are included in the total number of children.
- 1st grade and under: Up to one parent/guardian per child may attend in a supervisory capacity only.
- 2nd grade and up: Up to five adults may attend in a supervisory capacity only.
- Host must accompany and supervise children during the entire educator led program.
- Host is responsible for the non-program portion of the party.
- Hosts may arrive no earlier than 30 minutes prior to the scheduled party start time for decorating/set up.
- Hosts are responsible for cleanup of the pavilion and removal of all decorations immediately following the scheduled end time of the party. Place all trash in the receptacle provided in the pavilion.
- No alcoholic beverages may be served.
- No helium balloons, noise makers or pinatas.
- WNC reserves the right to reschedule a party due to unforeseen circumstances such as power outage, snow storm, etc.
- A credit card number is kept on file in the event of any loss or damage to facilities/equipment or the need for ancillary cleaning. If necessary, a minimum charge of $50.00 will be added to your credit card to cover damages. WNC will notify cardholder by phone if a charge is made.
Looking for a great gift alternative?
Adopting an animal at Woodcock Nature Center is a special and unique gift for any animal lover! WNC offers adoption plans of varying levels for most of our animals. All adoption levels include a photo of and letter “from” the animal. Higher levels include a certificate of adoption and in some cases a "Meet & Greet" with the animal. Animal adoptions help us provide food, general maintenance and care, veterinary care and supplies such as bedding, lighting, etc. for our resident animals. For more information about our adoptable animals and adoptions level, click here.
*Consider making an animal adoption part of your party experience. Guests can contribute toward the adoption of one of our resident animals of the birthday child’s choosing in addition to or in lieu of gifts. Please notify us upon booking or let your party your educator know ahead of time if you would like to add this option to your child’s party.
For more information or to book a party, call WNC’s Office Manager at (203) 762-7280 Monday through Friday 9 am – 2 pm or email email@example.com.