Host your child’s next birthday party at Woodcock Nature Center
where learning is natural!
A party at Woodcock Nature Center is like no other around!
Updated October 2020
Due to the capacity of WNC facilities and to ensure the quality of WNC programs and the well being of our animals, the following apply:
Party Size: maximum of 8 children/ maximum of 5 adults.
Age Range: birthday child turning 6+
Pricing: Families of 2020 summer campers is $225, all others $250.
Program Length: 2 hours. (One hour educational program, One hour hosted by family)
The program will start and end in our weather protected pavilion. Host must accompany and supervise children during the entire educator led program. Host is responsible for the non-program portion of the party.
Masks required of all attendees at all times unless seated and eating. No eating during educational portion of program. Attendees must practice physical distancing throughout the party.
All participants must complete a required two-page waiver before the start of their program. This includes all birthday party guests and all adults staying for the program. No exceptions. Signed waivers can be emailed in advance or brought to the start of your program. Required COVID waivers can be found here: Child waiver. Adult waiver.
Woodcock Nature Center provides…
- A unique one hour environmentally based educational experience led by a WNC educator.
- Use of WNC’s weather protected pavilion (One open side and three closed Vinyl sides).
- Two 6ft picnic tables outside of the pavilion for eating. (On rainy days guests can move food under the pavilion). Masks must be worn at all times unless seated and eating.
- Propane heaters in the pavilion (available for days where temperature is below 55°F).
- Use of WNC bathrooms, playground, grounds and trails. Bathrooms are open to participants, however, the rest of the Nature Center Building and Administrative offices remain closed. - The Playground will be open for Birthday Party participants only. It remains closed to the public. Cleaning protocols will be followed for disinfecting stainless steel/high touch surfaces after each use.
- All decorations (must be temporary, non-marking and completely removed post party by the party hosts. No helium balloons as they can be dangerous to our animals).
- All food, beverages, paper goods and favors for your party. No open heat sources are allowed (i.e. sterno, hot plates). You may arrange to have pizza or other food delivered to WNC during the party.
- Hosts may arrive no earlier than 30 minutes prior to the scheduled party start time for decorating/set up.
- Hosts are responsible for cleanup of the pavilion and removal of all decorations immediately following the scheduled end time of the party. Place all trash in the receptacle provided in the pavilion.
- No alcoholic beverages may be served.
- No helium balloons, noise makers or pinatas.
- WNC reserves the right to reschedule a party due to unforeseen circumstances such as power outage, snow storm, etc.
- A credit card number is kept on file in the event of any loss or damage to facilities/equipment or the need for ancillary cleaning. If necessary, a minimum charge of $50.00 will be added to your credit card to cover damages. WNC will notify cardholder by phone if a charge is made.
-High-touch surfaces and bathrooms will be disinfected multiple times per day per CDC guidelines.
-Any items used (i.e scooping nets) will be designated for one individual's use only for the duration of the program and disinfected after use.
Educators will require participants to wash or sanitize upon arrival, after using the restroom, before and after touching animals, and throughout the program as necessary. Participants are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer.
Programs are held entirely outside, drizzle or shine. Please advise your guests to dress appropriately for the outdoors and the weather day of. In the event of unsafe conditions (heavy rainfall, lightning, high winds, snowstorm), we will do our best to reschedule.